Health care costs are on the rise, just as it seems everything in else in running a business is these days. Valued employees require good benefits, so how can you keep costs down while staying profitable?
Consider an investment in your group's overall wellness. What that means in a nutshell is taking your employees' physical health seriously! Believe it or not, doing just that can potentially save you up to 50% on your heath care costs.
I'm sure some ears perked up at that idea, so how do you start?
- Start a fitness program, for example. This can really motivate your employees to exercise and live a healthier lifestyle. Provide gym memberships as a benefit to your workplace. Provide pedometers and have a company-wide contest to see who can walk the furthest.
- Become a tobacco-free workplace and provide tobacco cessation programs and/or individual coaching for employees and their spouses by a certified tobacco cessation specialist.
- Give your employees an incentive for improving their health! Offer them an opportunity for cash by participating in wellness programs and exercising. Have a quarterly health screening and reward those who have improved.
- Be sure that you are committed to the program, as well. Show your "team spirit" and let this become a chance to improve your relationships with your employees.
- Endorsing a healthy lifestyle will not only save you money on your health care costs. You'll likely also see lower absenteeism and employee turnover. The benefits will also lead to a happier, more positive work environment.
So what are you waiting for? Consider group wellness programs and other great services through the benefits of a PEO. Since 2001, we've done the research and vetting on hundreds of PEO service providers from across the country, understanding their strengths and how your business could benefit. Give us call, we're here to help.